Adjunct Professor at California College of the Arts, where she teaches at the undergrad and graduate level, and is a founding faculty member of the Master of Design, Interaction Design program.
With a passion for education, she has developed service design, design research, and foundational interaction design curricula both in the professional and academic arena. In addition to her work at CCA, Lauren has coordinated design education for Rock Health startups, developed and taught curriculum for Carnegie Mellon University, CooperU and the LUMA Institute. She is particularly excited about challenges within cross-channel services, connected devices, and making sense of complex data related to health and wellness.
Previously she managed the Fitbit Group Health design team, where she led strategic initiatives to inform the 2017 product roadmap. She spent over 6 years in consulting, where she led the design of products and services for agile start-ups to Fortune 500 companies as a Practice Lead and Sr. Interaction Designer at Cooper, with the technology consulting firm MAYA Design, and the innovation firm Second Road (now owned by Accenture Strategy).
• Workshop facilitator, The Service Experience Conference, ‘15
• Invited panelist, SmithGroupJJR’s Perspectives, ‘15
• Workshop facilitator, Service Experience Chicago, ‘15
• Invited speaker at Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference (EPIC), ‘15
• Speaker at Ladies That UX SF & Service Design Network SF event, ‘15
• Thinkshop facilitator, AIGA San Diego Y Design Conference, ‘15
• Speaker at Innovate Pasadena – Healthcare Meetup, ‘14
• Workshop facilitator, Health Innovation Summit Innovation Tours, ‘14
• Moderator for Changing Healthcare Delivery through Service Design, ‘14
• Invited speaker, 8th International Conference on Design & Emotion, ‘12
• Invited panelist at the 4th International Conference on Applied Human Factors & Ergonomics, ‘12
• Webinar speaker for Healthcare Innovation by Design group, ‘12