Jennifer is a user experience leader with 25+ years’ experience. She’s currently leading a user research practice where she helps teams create research strategies and execute them in a scaled-agile framework. She facilitates participatory design and research-related activities with a wide range of stakeholders to inform design principles and concepts.
Jennifer also a named co-inventor of a company-owned portfolio of patents and patents-pending for the design of an intelligent knowledge-based system for collaborative work.
She began her work life as a symphonic musician working in orchestras and chamber music groups where she first encountered the intuitive connection that musicians make with one another. Jennifer draws on those experiences to facilitate a similar type of collaboration for product teams and clients that she calls “the experience of design.”
Jennifer speaks at conferences about user experience design, user research, co-creation, team collaboration, and the conditions for sparkle to make meaningful work.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- UX Hong Kong 2019, February 15 & 16
- UXPA International Conference, Rio Mar, Puerto Rico, June 2018 – Co-presenter with River Brandon, Design Director, Travelers – “Hold onto your hats: The Scaled Agile Framework might be a good thing for design”
- Make Meaningful Work, Brighton, UK, June 2018 – Co-presenter with Daniel Szuc and Josephine Wong, founders of Apogee Consulting, UX Hong Kong, and Make Meaningful Work
- UXPA Boston Workshop, Boston, MA, November 11, 2017 – Make Meaningful Work by Designing Successful Product Teams, Co-facilitator with Daniel Szuc and Josephine Wong, founders of Apogee Consulting and UX Hong Kong
- Mad*Pow’s Financial Experience Design conference, Boston, MA, November 7, 2017 – Panel moderated by Adam Connor – From Innovation to Execution
- UXPA Boston Annual Conference, Boston, MA, May 2017 – User Research for Agile Teams panel with Chris Chiusano, Jen McGinn, Sarah Bloomer, Luis Valencia
- TechSpring Healthcare Innovation Incubator – Guest Speaker at networking event, December 2016
- UX Hong Kong, March 2015 and CT UXPA, Hartford, CT, February 2015 – Creativity, Imagination, and Innovation Workshop
- Boston Front End of Innovation Conference 2014 – Co-presentation: “Tapping into the Inner Innovator: Inspiring Employees to Think Differently”
- UXPA Boston User Experience Conference 2013 – The Shoemaker’s Son Needs Shoes: Designing a User Experience Practice Within the Enterprise Setting
- UPA Boston Conference 2011 – Co-presentation on Localization Research
Articles & Blogposts
- Changing Routines: Designing Projects for Meaningful Work, co-author of UX Magazine article
- Transforming Clients through the Experience of Design
- Empathy & Compassion at Work
- Listed in the Celebrating Women in Innovation blogpost, Front-End of Innovation, 2014, Boston, MA
- Certified SAFe 4.5 Product Owner Product Manager, Scaled Agile Inc
- Certified Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Alliance